CODE OF OUR COMMUNITY
Welcome to the Farmside Community!
Our goal at Farmside is to provide a fun and friendly gaming environment. We want to create an inclusive, respectful gaming community that is a pleasure to be a part of. In pursuit of this goal, we do not tolerate profanity, abuse, or any other undesirable behavior.
Rules Governing the Community and User Generated Content
In order to create a welcoming community for all players, we have provided a set of rules and governing policies to moderate play. These rules are subject to change at any time. The interpretation and enforcement of these rules by the developer are final. These guidelines are designed to encourage good behavior, and we reserve the right to edit or remove any offensive content or profanity in our game. Penalties may include, but are not limited to; verbal warnings, temporary game suspensions, and/or permanent bans depending on the severity of the offense.
Help us create a great gaming environment by not displaying the following inappropriate content with your farm decorations while you play:
1. Profanity or explicit language: The use of offensive language, including profanity, harassment, or explicit language in any form is not allowed. Please remember that our game has players of all ages and the interpretation and enforcement of rules will reflect as such. Attempting to deliberately disguise offensive language or words, such as replacing letters with numbers, is also considered a violation of our policies.
3. Sexually Explicit Content and Other NSFW Material: Includes, but is not limited to, pornography, excessively violent images, links, and explicit language.
4. Flaming, baiting, or other trolling of other players: Under NO circumstances should Farmside be used as a place to insult, attack, demean, slander, or otherwise harm others.
5. Create duplicate, fake, or "sock" accounts: Creating alternate or fake accounts to trick/harass other players will result in all your accounts being banned. Players who have been banned and create new accounts fall into this category and will also be banned.
Policy Changes: These rules are constantly being reviewed and are subject to change. Players will be notified of any policy changes through in-game notifications or email. If you have any suggestions for changes to our rules, please contact us to discuss them.
Reporting Process: Players can report offending farms by uploading a screenshot to illustrate the offending content that appears on the farm. If your email contains text, it must also comply with our guidelines.
*Note: Please do not upload any images or screenshots that are not related to our game.
Analyzing reports takes time, and many reports are received. If relevant information is missing from the report, moderators may close the report.
Do you have a complaint or question? Contact Us
If you would like to appeal a moderation decision or discuss anything related to the moderation process, please email contact: email@example.com and use the subject line “Farmside Support”. Please do not do this publicly on the site.
Our goal is to respond to all reports within 48 hours. If a report is urgent or life-threatening, please contact the appropriate authorities immediately.
Penalties for Offending Farms
Topia as the developer reserves the right to block, edit, and/or remove content in the game if we find that it goes against guidelines.
Farmside moderators will manually verify the validity of support email screenshots within 48 hours. If the report is determined to be valid, appropriate action will be taken as outlined below:
a) Minor offenses: Verbal Warning
The offending player will receive a prompt along the lines of "Your farm seems to have some IMPROPER text or images. Please rearrange your farm and try again later.
b) Moderate offenses: Temporary Suspension
The offending player will be placed in offline mode for a set period of time (3 days).
c) Major offenses: Permanent ban
The offending player will not be able to appeal the ban.
We have implemented automatic detection measures in the game that help us identify UGC that is in breach of this policy.
If there is a possible prohibited word character arrangement on the farm, players will be prompted to make changes, before passing this test, players cannot enter Online Mode.
The following player activities in the game will trigger automatic detection.
1. When the game finishes loading.
2. When the player exits from the Map Editing Mode.
3. A few seconds after the player stops harvesting items that are attached on the ground.
4. When the player receives a visit request from a neighbor and taps the confirmation button on the request bubble.
In cases where the report is urgent or life-threatening, players should contact the appropriate authorities immediately.
Conflict of Interest
Moderators may not handle reports if they know the parties involved (accuser or accused player). Having played online with the parties involved does not necessarily mean that you "know" them. In this context, "knowing" means: knowing them personally or playing with them regularly online.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill or intangible losses resulting from (i) your access to or your use of or inability to access, use or create UGC; (ii) any conduct or content created by any third party, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any third party; (iii) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your UGC.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your violation of any of the terms in this policy or any applicable law or regulation; (b) your actual or alleged violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right, publicity or privacy right, property right, or confidentiality obligation; or (c) any dispute or issue between you and any third party.